Google Merchant Center can't crawl most of the images - Account suspended

Hello, just because there seems to be no opportunity to make things work once, now around 85% of my products have been suddenly disapproved in Google Merchant Center because it can’t crawl the images from the link in the feed. I checked various examples and I see just a little square instead of the image that is clearly visible in the product’s page.

Example: https://image.spreadshirtmedia.net/image-server/v1/products/T444A2PA5060PT17X42Y1D197252957FS2173/views/1,width=1000,height=1000,appearanceId=648,backgroundColor=f6f6f6,crop=list,modelId=464/happy-hallowine-halloween-felpa-con-cappuccio-premium-da-donna.jpg

Now GMC has suspended one of my accounts for “misrepresentation”. I can only imagine that the trigger was the fact that the product had no image by GMC point of view. I tried reuploading the feed multiple times, deleting and putting another new feed again, calling Google customer service, and nothing worked.

Now, can something be done, or I just have to accept that my GMC accounts will be suspended one by one, preventing me to promote my products? I sincerely have got enough of all these issues. It’s absurd.

4 Likes

I have the same problem… just on Facebook

Same problem for me, account suspended on Google merchant.

"Bonjour,

Compte Merchant Center : xxxxxx
Suite à l’examen de votre compte Merchant Center, nous avons constaté des cas de non-respect des règles.

Nous vous informons que nous avons suspendu votre compte Merchant Center et que les annonces sur vos produits ne sont plus diffusées.

Sachez qu’une notification de suspension s’affiche également dans votre compte Merchant Center. Les comptes Merchant Center associés sont eux aussi susceptibles d’être suspendus.

Votre compte Merchant Center ne respecte pas les règles suivantes :
Déclarations trompeuses"

Same problem here

Official Google reply.

" Your Merchant Center account is in violation of the following policies:

Website needs improvement

Your website is missing basic requirements to ensure customers have a seamless shopping experience. In order to provide a quality experience, Google requires that merchants meet certain professional and editorial standards. Listings should lead customers to landing pages and products that are relevant, useful, and easy to interact with."

Can someone from Spreadshirt staff tell us something about that, please?

same here! big problem anyone at spreadshirt help us out its URGENT! @Britta_Spreadshop @Thomas_Spreadshop @Rico_Spreadshirt ?
I (and others) are getting more and more (today 41% of my designs not accepted by google) deactivated/not accepted Google says imagelink is problem/not working but when i test it is showing the image for all products…
whats wrong, how to fix before Google shuts down my Merchant acocunt?
I have my spreadshop installed via wordpressplugin on my own domain, could that give to slow loading of images or is it something else that gives this problem i GMC?

2 Likes

I have more than 80% of my products disapproved. One GMC account is suspended. Google customer service doesn’t help, as they just tell me to “improve my website”, which I can’t do as I just use Spreadshop, not any external website.

Half of the images reported as “not crawled” are actually visible, though. The other half are just little squares.

I suspended my Google Ads campaigns to avoid wasting money until this issue is resolved.

It could be nice if someone of the staff could just reassure us that they noticed this issue and they’re working on it.

EDIT: Here’s the last reply from Google, which suggests actions that I obviously can’t undertake in my Spreadshop, as I have no control on the feed.

Query: Products disapproved

Summary: Products disapproved due to Processing failed [image link].

Investigation: Post checking your Merchant Center account we have found that some items have a valid image in the image link and some do not which is causing the issue here.

Example:

Item ID: (610af1972068411d93a550a9_20_4) Which does not have image.
Item ID: (60ca2bebc1d83c64b9436da1_20_648) Which have image in the link

Recommendation: I would recommend you to go through all the image links to ensure the right image is provided in the image link attribute, And also ensure that when you update the image please ensure image link should also change as well for faster crawling.

Hi all

Whilst I don’t come with good news to update you regarding this issue, I wanted to let you know that I and the team are activily looking in to this issue and I hope to come back to you with a positive result asap.

Please bare with us whilst we work on this.

Thanks

1 Like

thanx for letting us know @SyeSpreadshop
could it be too slow imageservers? could it be us using our own domain and wordpressplugin and to slow hosting?
How many of you having this problems on your own domain/hosting instead of just using the spreadshop on spreadshirts servers?

I have the same problem with the Facebook feed… it doesn’t really matter how fast the speed of your own website is… as the feed is always provided by a Spreadshirt Server and not your own webserver.

In my humble opinion… i guess it is related to the new domain…since i didn’t experience this problem with the old url… But it could just be a coincidence.

1 Like

true i was just thinking about whats new and one thing is the new subdomainsetup…
the FBfeed is it only paid ads or free ones too like with google?

It’s for paid advertising on FB and IG. And for FB and IG shopping.

I think it has something to do with the image dimensions.

they are working on it just hope they will found the answer fast enough, regards.
-"Thank you for your email.

We have had some issues with images, we are sorry for the inconvenience. A fix is being released at the moment.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Quentin
Spreadshop Service - powered by Spreadshirt"

Following - Same problem in my shop …

Did anybody notice any change? I still have 85% of my products disapproved, both for “image not crawled” and “crawling too slow”. The 3 days Google said were needed to recrawl have passed now.

Any news here?

still nothing?

I have same problem with Google Merchant Center feed.

Hello all

I’m still not able to provide an update on this issue I’m affraid. We have fixed the issue where images where not displayed when clicking the link, and now all images links work either via GMC of FB Business Manager - you can confirm this in your own accounts by clicking on any image URL - you will be taken to the image. This was fixed around 10 days ago from our side.

However, we still can’t identify the reason why the platforms are not crawling the images succesfully.

We’re actively working on this and I will update you as soon as I have a meaningful update.