Starting with Google Merchant Center and Analytics

While creating merchant centre with Google, what would be the Business Name and other information? Would it be related to my store name or Spreadshirt?

On website, policy, term and conditions, address everything is written on behalf of Spreadshirt.

Google is quite strict verifying all those information.

Please share your experience while creating merchant centre account.

Thanks,
Neil

1 Like

Hey Neil,

you can use your Shop Name as your Business name. There is no restriction.
Even if the shop comes with a spreadshirt URL it is your content that you are going to distribute through Google.

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,

Its great to have your reply.

Can you please guide me further?

How can I maintain Sales Tracking (Conversions) on Google Ads platform?
So far, in the backend of my Shop, I have not found place to use Google Ads Conversion Code.
Also, I am not sure about the Thank You page URL because I have not done any Test purchase so far.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Neil

Your Spreadshop comes with a Google Analytics and a Facebook Pixel connection by default.
By using Google Analytics you will be able to keep track of your visitors and even more, watch E-commerce transactions and Ad conversions.
Sign up for a Google Analytics account, make sure to create a Universal Property and connect it with your Shop.
Afterwards you need to connect your Google accounts (Ads + Analytics) to ensure data streams into both directions.

Another Tip:
Your question regards a success page, indicates you are playing around with the Conversion Goals feature. You don´t have to set that up, as your shop delivers all e-commerce tracking related data, when a sales was made, within the in-built E-commerce tracking.
Just make sure it is enabled within Google Analytics.

If you are not familiar with the differences of E-Commerce Tracking and Conversion Goal tracking, please make sure to read this in advance:

Goals in Google Analytics help you keep track of the actions your website visitors did or didn’t take. A goal conversion (or goal completion) takes place when your visitors complete a specific action you are tracking. Like downloading a PDF, visiting a page that is important to you, playing a certain video.

Ecommerce tracking is a feature of Google Analytics through which you can track ecommerce data (like sales amount, number of orders, billing location, average order value, etc)

somehow am struggling to set up the UNIVERSAL PROPPERTY :frowning: