So...assignable promo codes in February 2020?

Hi, I’d really like to be able to give promo codes to some customers (as rewards) that are not automatically available to everybody who visits my store (as your promo codes currently work).

I’ve been researching this in your various docs and it looks like you functionally do not offer that yet, but WILL be offering that - or something very similar - starting in February 2020? Am I reading everything correctly?

Thanks,
Chris

We do offer individual promo codes that only work for your shop but this feature is only available for our top-sellers. Alternatively if you, for example, want to give 5$ off orders these vouchers can be bought in advance but this only makes sense for us (it’s a lot of accounting work) if it’s an order amount of vouchers of over 1500$.

From February/March (it looks like the release is getting a little delayed) it’ll be possible to set your own promotions in your shop. But there won’t be actual promo codes (just as it is the case now).

I’m trying to make sure I’m clear about what’s coming up in Feb/March. It sounds like you’re saying that I could set a promotion that would be for my store alone - as opposed to being set by Spreadshirt and site-wide. However, if there is no promo code, then that promotion is for my entire store, and there is no way to treat my own customers as more-preferred and less-preferred, correct?

In other words, you have no plan to build a method for store-owners to be able to reward subsets of their own customers. Am I understanding that correctly?

And I understand that if I’m a top seller or give Spreadshirt $1500 the rules change, but in general, what I’ve stated is accurate for the majority of stores on Spreadshirt?

Thanks,
Chris

Exactly. It will be store-wide for your store only!

Correct!

Okay. Not ideal, but thank you for letting me know.
Chris

1 Like