Pros, Cons and Alternatives to Influencer Marketing

Hi, I’m planning on working with an influencer & wanted to know is there a way to cut them in with a sale commission???

The Shop does not come with an inbuilt affiliate functionality that allows the tracking of revenue streams coming from referrals.
But you can use Google Analytics to track down where your customers came from.
(go to GA: Aquisition > All Traffic > Referrals. That overview provides you with all the info you’ll need)

one idea that comes to my mind:
To allow the identification of customers that were actively acquired by your partner, you may set up a dedicated cooperation landingpage/website. From there you´ll link to your shop or a specific cooperation product.
If users are visiting your shop, coming from this LP you will be able to identify their traffic in Google Analytics.

Hi, thanks for the response! I’m not sure you answered my question correctly though. I’m basically asking is there a feature offered that allows a influencer to earn a commission or percentage on products offered in my shop?

1 Like

no, there is no a feature that divides incoming sales betweent the sales channels.

you manually need to record the your incoming sales (with the Google Analytics method described above) Then you might calculate the commission share, caused by the influencer and transfer the money manually.
Does this answer your question? :slight_smile:

It does, but I highly suggest the shop develops a program of such. Is there anything in the works? Ex. Such as how amazon does there affiliate marketing program?

From a marketing perespective:
The usage of 3rd party traffic contributors (aka influencers) is a promising marketing tool, but often executed poorly and delivering underperforming results. Even if you are a big brand, there is no guarentee for success. Because the following points are also the greatest barriers:

1. find an influencer that 100% fits your own brand
  2. the person needs to have an exceptional engagement rate or reach.
  3. the influencer needs to fully understand your brand and goals
  4. the influencer needs to have the ability to create a fascinating story around your product. aka turn your product placement into a highly converting message
    If one of these requirements isn’t met, there´s a high chance that the campaign will not lead to the results that it could have had.

regards the “Amazon Associates” program (dt.: Amazon PartnerNet)
Amazon is one of the biggest marketplaces, next to Asian competitors like Alibaba. It has a superdiverse product range and with that, a superbe offer for any imaginable target group. So for a company like AMZ it totally makes sense to have this kind of marketing tool available.
The shop only covers ~140 products. Mostly apparel items, which lowers the usecases and success factors compared to an affiliate business based on the Amazon Marketplace.

The actual number of requests regarding a shop affiliate is quite low bc. the majority of shop owners creates traffic through owned-media marketing.
Before developing such a tool and introducing the needed processes, we would need to see success stories of shop owners, doing beneficial influencer campaigns.

But we are always seeking for these kinds of stories! Please let us know how your campaign did.
or what you would advise to other shop owners.
:slight_smile:

Well said, well what advice would you have for a small shop that wants to generate large traffic other than using social media advertising. It’s very challenging to convert people to your shop & then getting them to buy.

To be honest, there is no quick fix or strategy for growth hacking your incoming traffic if you don’t have an existing fanbase or audience available right-away.
The only solution is working on your brand, by learning, patience and focus.

The good thing in not having an organic traffic income is, the homework is known:
Create a reason why people should come to your shop.
In fact, the shop is the last point in your audience’s journey. Before someone is entering, or even buying something from your shop, major key decision points must be met.
Sympathy, engagement, or identification with your brand and your products. You need to catch these people at your website or socials in advance.

To get an idea for how to roll If I was you, I was looking at your shop and designs.
I’ve see that your core topic is about positivity and spiritualism but you also try to offer streetwear designs, following your brand name KenGrafix & Merch.
This mix up might confuse customers because they don´t know you and they probably can’t relate.
Try not to sell a mix of topics. Put your focus on one and fix your brand’s name in that direction. Streetwear designs or positivity and spin your storytelling around that.

Based on that, my tips would be:

1. Decide what your future brand’s core topic should be.
  2. Imagine what your story & storytelling on a social network may look like.
  3. Cut off all designs that don’t relate to your topic. (offering less designs will not hurt your success)
  4. Start working on IG/FB to create content.
  5. Follow people that are personals brands (solopreneurs/positivity speakers) and examine how they work: Which channels do they use? How’s their corporate design & language? How are they promoting?
  6. Examine what could be your 3-6 core hashtags and use them continuously.
  7. Do not get unmotivated by not selling something in the first weeks. Continue with postings and storytelling. Talk about yours, talk motivational but don’t stop.
  8. Your social followers might be seeking for motivational content. Not for the 50st t-shirt sale. Promote your shop wisely.

If you are willing to put some time into learning, I suggest reading through our Selling Guide: Selling Guide - The Spreadshop Blog

It’s filled with tips and should give you a lot of inspiration on how to get startet.

Thanks you for that I am honored to receive such a response!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.