:spreadshop: Product Feed Update | Please Read!

This is for shop owners only that are actively marketing their articles through Facebook Ads, Facebook Shop or Google Shopping campaigns!

WHAT HAPPENED?
Facebook has stopped pulling article data from product feeds that did not contain brand values.
This wasn’t a problem until mid of February but became critical for everyone who is using the
FB Shop feature to advertise spreadshop products.
We then decided to enrich all product feeds with the requested data and did a release.

ONE FEED TO RULE THEM ALL
The applied changes immediately affected the data values for the Google Merchant Center as well.
What was thought as an improvement for the feed quality for Facebook, did now affect the feed quality for the GMC.

WHAT TO DO?
If you are running paid ads on Google
Please check the feed diagnosis of your Merchant Center. Also check the percentage of products that got blocked and decide on your own, if that may conflict your ad spent. (Critical errors are marked with red) If you feel uncertain, we recommend stopping your campaigns. (please read further)

If you are using the FB Shop
If you are using a FB Shop you should not experience any critical errors. If so, feel free to use the Product Feed FB thread in the forum to report us any critical behavior.

WHAT’S NEXT?
We are working on a solution to offer you seperated product feeds for FB and Google. By that we can avoid dependencies between both plattforms. But it will take us some time, as we need to come up with a handsome new interface, too. We will inform you when this feature is released.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
we’ll keep you updated!

Thomas

Yeah, about 70% of my products on Google Shopping are in the crapper.

that is a lot.
are thee 70% marked by an actual warning (red) or is this a culminated number, taking all warnings into consideration?

They were all red for a GTIN requirement. Seems having a brand demands a GTIN? I was able to get them all back by removing the brand via feed rules.

The rule looks like:
Attribute ‘brand’
Clear brand attribute

2 Likes

Nice! thanks for sharing!
Could you do a little screencast or paste a short introduction so that others can adapt to their feeds?

Hi, I am setting up a Google Merchant Center and connected Ads campaigns. After some struggling, all seems to go in the right direction.

But… what about US tax settings ?

I have a spreadshirt.com shop, selling in the US, and I connected the feed.
In GMC there are three options for tax setup:

1. “Don’t configure tax at account level”
    => If I choose this, 100% of the products will be rejected

2. “Configure no nexus for all states”
    => If I choose this, tax is not a blocking issue anymore. Everything is accepted (for tax anyway)

3. “Configure tax and setup nexus”
    => here you would have to configure the tax for each individual US state where the product is shipped.

So option 2 works best. But I think it is not correct. There has to be tax on the apparel products. Because according to US regulation (if I am reading correctly), Spreadshirt does have this ‘nexus’ at least in some states.

I could not find anything on this in the spreadshirt fora.
Does anybody know what is the correct tax setting for GMC in US ?

Have a great day !

Peter

2 Likes

Thanks ! This really worked like a charm. Had about 55% of the products rejected for GTIN. Now all is solved.

For other people, how to do this:

• Go to GMC / Products / Feeds
  • Click on the feed (feed name)
  • Click on “Feed Rules” (in tabs above)
  • Click the “+” sign to add a feed rule and select “brand” (under ‘processed attributes’)
  • Select “Add Modification” (bottom left)
  • Select “Advanced Operators” and scroll right to see the “Clear” option. Select it and click “ok”
  • “Save as Draft” => “Apply”
  • click “Re-Process Feed” (above right - if you don’t see it, go to the tab “Processing”)

Depending on the amount of products, it can take up to an hour. But then this issue should be solved for all products.

These feed rules are very powerful. And you can’t make permanent mistakes because you can always delete the feed rule and reprocess :slight_smile:

2 Likes

woah. super!
Thank you very much for figuring that out and sharing with the group!
I’m gonna make a single post out of that

All praise should go to @FSG who figured out where the root of the problem was :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.