Pinterest blocking all Spreadshirt links as "spam"

Hello, in the last week I tried multiple times pinning my products on Pinterest, but there’s no way to do it. Every time it doesn’t allow it as “it may be a source of spam”.

I even have my Spreadshop URL registered and verified on Pinterest.

Well, that’s it. Is there something that can be done?

Hello to you too,

Currently experiencing the same problem. Unfortunately I have no solution. Anyone else having the same issue and cares to elaborate?

Does Spreadshirt itself see any decline in Pinterest activity?

Thanks in advance.

Same here. Especially disappointing as I wanted to run ads. I setup a campaign and only when I wanted to create a pin I was confronted with the message that Pinterest had to block my Link as potential spam.

I sent a help request to Pinterest, maybe they’ll do something about it.

In general, trying to run any kind of ads with a Spreadshop is very frustrating.

Update: Pinterest unblocked my shop’s domain and I can pin products from my shop again now.

Hi All

I ran some test at the end of last week and had no issues myself pinning products or running ads with Pinterest. Can you please let me know if you’re still experiencing issues? I saw @Shirts_und_Dings has been unblocked by Pinterest.

Can you let me know if you’re using a custom URL with an embeded shop or if you’re using the shopname.myspreadshop.TLD domain?

I’m using shopname.myspreadshop.ch - maybe .ch is too exotic for Pinterest’s taste.

Hello, I still can’t pin anything to Pinterest from my Spreadshop. I’m attaching a detail from a screenshot, showing the error message, which marks the website as “a potential source of spam” (in italian).
Immagine 2021-11-24 154147

I’m just using my Spreadshop with the new domain, with no embedded shop nor any other website. This happens with every product.

Hi @Wages_of_sin

I’m sorry to hear you’re still having issues.

Currently this doesn’t seem to be a general spread shop issue. I have tested with varions TLD and have managed to succesfully pin and promote pins without issue.

Looking at it from the basics, have you completed all business information etc required by Pinterest and contacted them to see if they can unblock your URL to allow you to pin?

I’ve contacted them multiple times since august, but it seems they ghosted me. I was also banned in august as soon as I put my Spreadshop URL in the business information (very weird), and that time they unbanned me after 3 weeks. That’s the last time I had a reply from Pinterest.

Reinforcing this issue
Tried to pin from my spreadshop: link detected as spam
Verified website: banned

Hey @BAMBV,
sorry, I can’t tell you anything new. This is not a general Spreadshop issue. I’d recommend to talk to pinterest directly. And if they ghost you as you said @Wages_of_sin - maybe try another channel? I know this is frustrating but it seemed to work out in the end, didn’t it?

Well, they unbanned me after a month, but every pin still gets almost ignored. I can’t rely on Pinterest any more since months.
Anyway, any kind of link from Spreadshirt is still not published and marked as spam. I can’t put my Spreadshop’s link in my Pinterest account or I will get banned again. That’s the situation.

Damn, I’m sorry, that’s terrible… :frowning: As I said - this is not a Spreadshop issue. :thinking: I double checked with the colleague responsible and he confirmed it. Being banned from Pinterest can happen for a number of reasons. Sorry I can’t help you any better!

I understand it’s not a Spreadshirt’s issue. It seems it’s just Pinterest who is hostile about Spreadshop links, for whatever reason, as they wouldn’t explain anything to me. So I don’t have any way to understand what is their issue about that. I also tried with another account, and it doesn’t change anything. So, for what concerns my Spreadshop, I’m cut off from promoting on Pinterest.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.