New Mug Printing Technique

Original Blog Post: New Mug Printing Technique - The Spreadshop Blog

Calling all mug lovers: From now on, our black mugs will be printed using thermo-sublimation. What does that mean for your designs? We’ll walk you through it…

Let your customers fill their kitchen cabinets with a new and improved mug! We’ve introduced thermo-sublimation as a printing technique for our black mugs. This means your designs will be more colorful and livelier.

What makes thermo-sublimation special?

There’s a white layer that’s applied in between the mug and your design. Because of this, designs are particularly vibrant, and color is even more accurate! Once it’s been printed, a design will have the same feel as the surface of the cup itself. And don’t worry the white layer won’t be seen on the final product.

Do I have to adapt my designs for thermo-sublimation?

With thermo-sublimation, completely white designs cannot be printed. However, designs with a few white design elements will appear white in the end. This also means very delicate designs with fine white lines – which are thinner than 0.2 mm – may be printed incorrectly. If you offer delicate white designs, please check the line thickness before adding them to the mug. Making sure your customers get the best possible product will ultimately benefit your overall business!

Any questions about thermo-sublimation? Let us know in the comments.

I don’t see anymore yellow or red or blue colored mugs online, only the black one. Don’t you propose theses colours anymore, or are they only out of stock in this moment ? When will they be back ?
Thank you
Anne Lise from Agiwear

Hi @aln13, yes the colors have been deactivated over Christmas. I’ll keep you posted! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.