My Client isn't happy

I received a message from one of my clients. She isn’t happy.

She asked me top create a new version with red text from one of my designs. I know that colours ar tricky but the print is pink in stead of red. The design is also very pale…

I included some screen shots. Is there a solution?
20211221_090410

Here is the design I created. And a screenshot from my website.
hamburger-en-friet-illustratie-met-rode-tekst-mok

Hey @StefRingoot,
I totally agree, the color is way too pale. Could you give me the design ID and maybe also an order ID, so I can check with my colleagues what the reason could be, so we can avoid dissatisfaction in the future? :slight_smile:

Hi @Britta_Spreadshop

The orde Id should be 21950337, the design Id 301085671.

The design is a .png file and I know that you can’t embed a colour profile in it. So this means that (as far as I know) on the printer side there alway should be some colour correction. Otherwise you get “flat” colours…

My client also e-mailed the helpdesk (in Dutch) and received a message from “Sander” saying that the order can be reprinted or that she can have a refund… she doesn’t need to send the wrong print back… at the moment I don’t know which option she had chosen. 9it was a Christmas gift she said)

For me it’s important that my client is happy. No worry about my earnings.

A correction from my Side!

I normally us Adobe Illustrator to create my artwork. (I also use adobe RGB as my colour profile) I use export for screens to export my artwork as a png. There is no way to embed a colour profile in the png.

If I open de .png file in Adobe Photoshop I need to retag the colour profile. In Photoshop I can use “Export as” to export my .png file. Now I have the option to embed a colour profile in my artwork.

As mentioned, the uploaded file has no embedded colour profile. (it’s made with adobe illustrator) Due to that missing profile it is possible that the print is washed out …

I will change my workflow and from now on tag every .png file in Adobe Photoshop. However if the printer add the missing profile (Adobe RGB or SRGB) the colour would also be better I think.

Isn’t it possible to warn for missing profiles?

I think I now need to check all my .png designs… I can’t replace the designs so this will be a giant task since I need to reupload everthing. Or… all missing profiles could be replaced by adobe RGB or SRGB

Want to check my idea… ? Included are two files. One without profile and one with the Adobe RGB (1989) profile. If what I am telling is correct the print result should be different. (On my calibrate screens I already see some difference)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.