HELP! - attempting verify my shop in Google Merchant Center

I am attempting verify my web address in my Google Merchant Center… and getting errors…

so far I’ve tried using the Adding an HTML tag to the header… Shop Settings>> Advanced>> HTML>> Edit Shop Header HTML, pasted the meta code provided my google, Apply Changes… and get this error message from google “No HTML tag found on your website. Please make sure that the tag has been placed correctly on your website or try a different verification method.” nor is the meta tag seen in the Page Source

so I tried Verify with Google Analytics by pasting the Google Analytics supplied UA Code in the Shop Settings>>Marketing>>Web Analytics>>Google Analytics code field and get this error message “No Google Analytics tracking code found on your website. Please make sure that the Google Analytics tracking code has been placed correctly on your website or try a different verification method.”

This is the web address I’m trying to verify https://shop.spreadshirt.com/every-day-choices-with-sandra

What am I doing wrong??

Hi @smayernik,
I hope I understand correctly: You want to promote your shop with Google Merchant Center, right? Since I’m not really a pro in this field, I’d recommend you this article in our HelpCenter. Here you find a guideline & a video on how to connect the store to the merchant center and also a link to the help section of the MC itself.
Maybe other users had similar issues and can share their experiences? If this wasn’t useful at all @smayernik, please reach out to me again, I’ll find help. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply. I followed all the steps in the help article you mentioned and still no joy…

I believe that the problem lies in that the way the (provided) templates are set up. If you view the page source code the html code doesn’t appear in the meta tags…

in fact I just did a test… and the html header that we get to edit isn’t actually the “true” header… it’s just a container for a header… please have tech support take a look at a way to fix this…

Hi @smayernik,
I just checked with IT and the header & footer section are only for graphical adjustments. All other code snippets are being blocked automatically. In this article we explain the proper way to implement google search console. Sorry I didn’t post this one in the first place :slight_smile:
As soon as the URL is verified there and you use the same Google account also for the Merchant Center, Google does the verification for both channels.

1 Like

Thank you, that worked!

Now the problem is that I get an error message with the Feed.

Error message says “Feed file is in a format that we don’t support: HTML”