False product category warning in Merchant Center

I have integrated product feed with merchant centre. But many products are showing in improper Google Product Categories. How to rectify that at back end?

I have varieties of products on my website.

Please share solution if you have faced similar problem.

Thanks,
Neil

Hi,

Can I expect a reply? Has anyone faced similar problems?

Thanks,
Neil

Hey Neil!
Team Spreadshop went off for a holiday break over the new year. Sorry for the slight delay in here.
Could you please share some insights, like how many percent of your products are marked as faulty, which products are affected etc?

Hi Thomas,
Great to have your message here.

Its hard to count in that way. But I guess 5% to 8% are like that…

Majority of my products come under Apparels category - Hoodies, T-shirts, Tanks, Sweaters etc

But, along with those I am seeing bags, face mask, dogs bandana etc in the list wrongly.

As of now, my focus is only Apparels.

Thanks,
Neil

Okay, this looks like reasonable ammount of errors.
To be honest, that behaviour is not unknown. Depening on often you are fetching your feed for an update, the more often you will watch Google marking things as faulty. It will also be possilbe that Google does not even mention any error on your feed. :man_shrugging:

We also recognized that if the amount of products or product variations is huge, the more likely error messages appear.

If it’s only about a few products that you even aren’t actively promoting with ads then I´d say this is not critical.

Technically there is no error showing. But I am loosing control on what products my ad should appear and what not.

Moreover, promoting Face Mask is banned/limited as per Google policy. But here in my case, I cannot stop triggering ads related to that.

I wanted to figure out how Google is marking things in Product feed, must be an appropriate reference at back end of each product settings. But I failed to trace that out.

Thanks

just by curiosity. What kind of ads are you planning to do?
Google Shopping ads?

Yes, Google Shopping Ads…I have already set it. That’s how I have found that there are some discrepancies.

Do we have any suggestions other channels to promote?