Facebook catalog feed errors

Hi!

I have followed the video guide to import my product feed to Facebook catalog.
https://help.spreadshirt.com/hc/sv/articles/360005069834

I have some 50 designs and selected many of the products for each design.
It results in some 17 000 products in facebook cataloge and it is not grouping correctly.
What do I need to get them to group correctly?

I get a few errors too.

1. IDs are not unique, I see 5 items in the error report.
  2. I can see in the feed that item_group_ID is present but somehow facebook does not group on it.
  3. Some items have too long title, Max 65 chars.
  4. additional_image_link is missing is missing on 5 items

I can share the errors_for_feed_upload_2019-11-20 09_58.csv if you’d like.

• List item

Hello & welcome !

At first, no need to worry! :slight_smile: This is an all timer and most favorite asked question.
The report says it clear: Only 39 out of 17.000 products are afffected - or as I would say, have been reported as affected. This is an ammount that easily can be ignored.

In general: The bigger a productfeed gets, the more likely such errors occour.
But anyhow, the feed works, independent from some single failed products. You can go ahead and keep focusing on ads or linking your products within promotional posts.

If you want to have my personal recommendation, keep reading!
You need to ask yourself: Do I really need that huge ammount of product - color - gender - size - design combinations to attract customers? Think about, why should your customers browse through a small brand shop that offers such a huge ammount of combinations?
Wouldn´t a collection of well selected products, in some fitting nice colors be a good start?

How to start?
Limit color combinations within the product creation tool !
Think about, if 10 kinds of men’s and women’s shirts, plus a collection of hoodies look well selected or spammy. Ask friends and familiy members, which of your products they like best and keep those.
Kick the rest :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: How to create a auto updated facebook shop

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.