Design background

Hi there,

I am having an issue with background/transparency of only some of my designs.
First, let me say:

• All my graphics/designs were imported on an already transparent background, so it’s not my designs
  • I also went into the settings for my shop under Shop Settings> “Appearance”> “Colors and Fonts” and selected Transparent where is says ‘Choose a background color for your products’

I am at a loss since most of my images/designs appear beautifully (with transparent background) on my shop’s black background. A couple of them show up as a light grey and it throws off the whole flow.

Any ideas?
Tnx

@Britta_Spreadshop Any ideas?

Some images to help us understand what you mean might help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks! Good point lol

Here, I’ve indicated some of the designs that are showing up with the grey-ish background I was talking about.
You can see:

• I selected the “transparent” background option in the settings
  • The other designs have no issues. They look perfect with the black background.

Thoughts?

So I think I’ve figured it out! :smiley:
Any design that I upload which the system deems as being not high quality or not large enough gets edited by Spreadshirt and those edited images are the ones that always seem to show up with the background like this.
Frustrating, because of course I want my designs to print well and look their best! But because I end up using Spreadshirt’s edited version it messes up the look of my page.

NEW QUESTION:
Can anyone confirm that correct size of PNG to upload so that designs are optimized? (I thought it was 4000 x 4000 px but maybe I’m wrong).
@Rico_Spreadshirt @Thomas_Spreadshop @Britta_Spreadshop

I’ve been having the same problem, and I thought you were right… until last night. I uploaded a design (.png), and then let Spreadshop edit the image. It did not get the grey background.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy it didn’t… but at the same time, now I’m back to square one, and have no idea what’s causing it.

That’s very irritating. It also doesn’t help that literally no one from Spreadshop answers in the forums. I have asked questions here and there and never get any feedback or help.

I gave up on Spreadshop and will be using a different printer/shop website moving forward. After ordering a sample before Halloween I felt the t-shirt material was rough and the print quality not great.
Good luck!

Yes agree. Where can we get answers?

I have one design that is black with transparent background and the same design that is white with transparent background.

In my case the white design got a gray background and it makes sense as it is being shown on a white webpage. Maybe the system thinks the colors might not show well on a white background?

Experiment: Lower the brightness in one image and see what happens (not good for the print, but for the test.)

for anyone still having this problem I found something that worked for me. it is actually a setting on the page that you select the meta tags for your design.

1. Go to designs
  2. Go to design you want to change
  3. Click “edit” to the right of “Meta data”
  4. Hover over the preview of the design in the top left corner, there will be an magnifying glass icon and a circle divided in half vertically by two colors
  5. Click the icon of the circle that is divided in half by two colors, this will change the color of the transparent area.
  6. If it did what you wanted it to, make sure to apply the change
1 Like