Confused about Store Visibility on YouTube

After a lot of back and forth, YouTube has been of no help and has not given a real explanation or solution. I’m asking here in case anyone can explain.

I am eligible for a store and have set it up with products. I am in Australia. The store was created on the North America/Oceania option. It uses USD, because most of my viewers are in the US.

My viewers in the US can see the Store tab and products, so it works there okay.

But not in Australia. In Monetization, I can see products and select products for display in the store.

But when looking at my channel I see the Store tab on my channel, but it has no products. When logged out I don’t see the Store tab at all. None of my Australian viewers can see the store.

Australia is an approved country, Spreadshop is an approved platform, and I can see Spreadshop stores from other creators selling the same products from Spreadshop.

YouTube says it’s working as intended, but don’t explain why the stores of other creators using Spreadshop are visible in Australia, but mine isn’t.

Is there some preference for US creators?
Does the fact I selected USD limit the visibility to the US? If so, and I had selected AUD would it then limit visibility to Australia?

But I see the stores of US creators with prices displayed in AUD? So do they have 2 stores?

It’s all very confusing and unclear and YouTube support has not helped with any real explanation other than it works as intended.

Does anybody have an idea what is going on?