Bug? - Google Analytics not working anymore

Hi,
Google Analytics is not working anymore when the shop is integrated via the javascript plugin, while the Facebook pixel is still working…

Hey there!

can you describe what exactly is not working anymore at your tracking set up?

To check if your Analytics Property is set up properly, please follow these instructions:

• open the real time tracking section from the side navigation in GA
  • visit your website with your mobile device or another browser
  • you should now see 1 additional visitor at the real-time overview, as well as the general overview page in GA

This is exactly the problem: the GA real-time tracking in not showing my presence from my website, while I can see myself when connected to your Spreadshop https://shop.spreadshirt.net/WatchMeNot

I need to assume here, as I don´t have access to the tracking set up of your website.

If you have connected your shop with a GA property, then you’ll get tracking results from everything within the shop.
BUT: If you have connected your website with a GA property, then GA will deliver the data for all your website’s content pages + your shop.

In fact the tracking is working from my mobile or another browser, I guess I may have a cookie killer in Safari, I will keep you informed then…

okay :thinking:
Strange, since I could neither find a FB pixel integration, or a GA code at your shop’s page.
I used the FB Pixel Helper & Google Tag Assistant for Chrome.

They are in the last <iframe> just before the </body>

Question: Are you using more than 1 Property within GA?

Sometimes it happens that IDs get mixed up, so the tracking does not match the intented page.

I´ve seen that you have embedded an EU shop within your *.com domain. MAYBE there is an error? :man_shrugging:

Thanks for your help
I have 2 different shops integrated in my main domain name but they are located in 2 different sub-directories, each with their own index.php file and with their specific settings:

• /bob : EU shop with prefix=https://shop.spreadshirt.fr and locale=fr_FR
  • /watchmenot : EU shop with prefix=https://shop.spreadshirt.net and locale=en_EU

I noticed if one order a product in one shop, then it will be in the basket of the other shop too.
This is not a real problem for me, but maybe this is a problem for your system? :grimacing:

this is not a serious bug but known :slight_smile:
Orders that come from mixed-baskets are not a problem at all. The products within such an order will be placed and produced as well as commissions are beeing paid as usual

1 Like

Hi Thomas,
After some research, it seems that Safari is blocking the tracking cookies in their new ITP functionality, so now Google cannot follow correctly the users using this browser.
As I could read, using the Google Tag Manager is the best way to make the tracking working again in Safari, but I guess you have to implement this technology in your shops as we have no control in the source code…

This feature is known since 2017 as “Do Not Track” or “Improved Tracking Protection” You can find it at your adress field > grafik
It is used by Safari, Chrome and Firefox by default.
Firefox even extended this protection in late september 2019.

There´s been some intents made by Google to bypass this automatism within a newer version of the Gtag.js code which is used by Google Analytics for example. But overall, the future of 3rd party tracking cookies is heavily discussed right now.
Some say the classic tracking cookie is soon to be dead, some say we only need to change the way of thinking.

AdBlocking software has been responsible for ~30% of non-trackable traffic in the past, the numbers are now increasing. And this will continue with the Cookie-Consent regulations, too.

We won´t be adding a GTM interface in the near future because tracking is still possible through FB Pixel and Google Analytics. We´d rather implement Google Ads to improve the data flow between Analytics and Ads accounts.
But we#ll be also watching the trends on the overall topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would be amazing!
Thank you for your answer

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.