Advice on design placement?

I’m hoping someone can give me some pointers on this - I recently did a custom polo shirt for a friend of mine using the customise facility. I sized the logo according to the tool but the x/y placement dimensions made absolutely no sense as they don’t give any indication of what they refer to!

As a result, I placed the logo “by eye” in the most logical place being on the left hand chest area, for the horizontal mid-point of the logo to align with the bottom of the “button” strip of the polo shirt.

When the order arrived, the logo was not anywhere NEAR where I placed it!! The top of the logo was below the button area and it looked completely “off” - literally unwearable.

I contacted customer services and explained the issue. As always, they were extremely helpful and immediately offered a free replacement with the logo in the correct position. Customer services said that this happens due to different shirt sizes …?

The replacement item was absolutely perfect - BUT - I’m now concerned about ANY polo shirts I have up in my shop!

On top of that, I’ve just ordered myself a polo shirt with the same logo on but there was absolutely no way to ensure that the one I’ve ordered is not going to have the same thing happen. I paid careful attention to the x/y of the tool but once again, it made no sense at all and there was no way of me adding any comments to my order to state that the horizontal mid point of the logo should align with the bottom of the buttons - exactly as I had placed it in the design tool!

Surely the placement of designs should be “relative” to the position we place them and therefore scaled with shirt sizes?

I’m confused - @Britta_Spreadshop do you have any suggestions? Does anyone else know how to deal with this?

Hi @plzLOOK,
I’m sorry your customer didn’t receive what they expected. But I have to agree with my customer service colleagues that this is probably the reason here. In such cases it would always be helpful to send some screenshots and a photo of the result (product), so I know what to report to the people who can fix it.
So let’s please wait for your order to arrive, to see how it turned out, ok? If the position is incorrect again, please try to reenact where you wanted to put it, take a screenshot and send it to me (along with a photo of the product you received).
Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.