Account Suspension From Google Merchant Center Over Policy Links Transparency

I think all of us are having issues with Google Merchant Center.
I’ve received the same suspension over the very same reasons.
The links in the header and footer for such things as:
Contact information (at least a phone or email)
Secure Checkout (https:#)
Refund and Return policy
Billing Terms and conditions
The links in the current header and footer of our shops are not reflecting our shop’s URLs but
Spreadshirt’s url (https://www.spreadshirt.com/) for those links concerning those policies such as “returns and refunds” and they are stating that the 3rd party url’s are not allowed as per Google Merchant
Center’s policy.
Example:
Current link for refund and returns in the footer are under “HELP”
https://service.spreadshirt.com/hc/en-us/?shop_name=luckycontestant&shop_id=100124654&platform=na
*On that page is a direct link to refunds and returns
https://service.spreadshirt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000984869

What Google Merchant Center is requesting that the link is not transparent enough and should
state clearly “Returns and Refunds”, “Billing Terms and Conditions”, “Contact Information” policy on the header and footer and the links should use our shop’s url.

Note from GMC:**The link to the Return and Refund policy needs to be on the header/footer of your website so that it is clearly visible to the customers.

Is there a way under “SHOP SETTINGS” > “ADVANCE” we can add the html header and footer the links Google Merchant Center is requesting? Or does this need to be fixed on your end.

Hi, I was checking back to see if there was an answer to this issue regarding Google Merchant Center.

Hopefully, I think I resolved this issue by using one of the more updated templates on Spreadshirt I found under SHOP SETTINGS>APPEARANCE>THEMES. The links of Google Merchant Center concern were “Returns and Refunds”, “Billing Terms and Conditions”, “Contact Information” which are located on the footer of the template but not the current one I was using. I updated my shop using the newer template called “FOCUS”.
I shall update this issue if it passes GMC’s sniff test so my free product listings and account is no longer suspended.

1 Like

good work. what was your old themes name?

I do believe I started my Spreadshirt shop sometime in 2016 so it was whatever they offered at that time to start the shop page and I never really updated anything on the shop template but the “About Us” and the photo on the “Banner”. I am still awaiting to hear from Google Merchant Center if this was sufficient enough to allow my listings and account to be unsuspended due to these issues. Google Merchant Center has instituted these policies to allow transparency to the customers and require they be clearly stated in the footer and header.
It is my belief that Spreadshirt may have to create another template to meet these new parameters that Google Merchant Center has instituted so we can take advantage of the “Free Listings” and “Shopping Ads” currently offered. It is so frustrating to have to deal with these issues without support from Spreadshirt. I’m confident I am not the only one dealing with this problem that can be so easily resolved just by them updating their templates to meet these conditions.

I am still awaiting word from Google Merchant Center if changing the template to my shop has unsuspended my account.
Can I get any other suggestions or is there anyone else having this issue with their account being suspended by Google Merchant Center under “Free Listings” or “Shopping Ads” because of policy transparency issues.
I would love to hear back from someone.

Thanks

Hi @LuckyContestant.net ,
so sorry but it sounds like a problem Google should help you with… I think I haven’t had such a case before. :confused: Maybe somebody else in the forum had similar experiences? :nerd_face:

Hi,
Britta I thought I would update this thread about the Google Merchant Center suspending my account due to transparency of the site.

I set up my listings on one of your newer templates since I haven’t changed my shop’s template since I first got started with Spreadshirt in 2016. Evidently, the links for policy, shipping, contacty info, returns etc… are on the current templates.

I had to contact them a few times and explain that now my listings are in compliance with Google’s policies and requested for them to reinstate my account. I sent them photo proof of the footer page for details.

I didn’t hear back from them at all about the reinstatement of my listings (60K in total) for a dew weeks. I just so happen to go to Google search and pulled up shopping using the search words in my listing title and I was pleasantly surprised to see my listings on Google Shopping Free Ads from my Spreadshirt shop up again.

I checked my Google Merchant account and all is well. The feed with the items are now reinstated…“Whew!”

It took about a month for this to be done. So, I have a happy ending to this story at last.
Everyone take care.
See you guys around the play ground.
Millie

Oh wow Millie, what a pain! So sorry you went through all this trouble. :confused:
Google can be a bully sometimes but I’m so happy for you everything turned out fine. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.