Old style accounts to new style accounts

Hi @Sara,

I understand the complexity of the matter, but my guess is it’s also a matter of priority. The vagueness of your replies suggest migrating old accounts doesn’t have a high priority at Spreadshirt. Which is a pity.

I’ve been a Spreadshirt partner since januari 2006. That’s for more then twelve years now. I’ve made Spreadshirt and myself a lot of money over those years. I had patience with all kinds of quirks and bugs in the platform. I never complained about doubtful policy changes and I’ve tried to contribute through ideas and remarks in the forum. All together I consider myself a loyal partner.

Now I don’t think this loyalty is rewarderd by leaving old partners in uncertainty about when their old accounts will be upgraded. I work in IT myself and I know that if a matter has priority, there is a plan, a time shedule and an estimated date of delivery.

I wish Spreadshirt would give the same amount of priority to migrating old accounts, as it has received loyalty from it’s old partners.

2 Likes

I entirely understand your frustration! And I wish I could give you more information. Priorisation can certainly play a part, but is only part of the truth.

The migration has many prerequisites & requirements that cross and penetrate departments and business units. Many projects that our teams have been working on these past quarters have involved the idea that the eventual migration could be possible. Completing those projects successfully also requires time: you don’t want get ahead of things, or to put the cart before the horse… And potentially cause more issues that can slow down things. You know what I mean?

The project is currently in “discovery” - and once that phase is done, I should have some details for you about the future. And as said, as soon as I have something in general on this topic, I’ll share it immediately :smiley:

I’ll also pass on your feedback to the people responsible - I’m sure it’s appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @Sara,

Still hopefully waiting for old style accounts to be migrated to new style accounts. Can you give me an update on the status of this project?

1 Like

Hey @CardVibes, sure thing!
The scenario mapping was finished in the end of Q3. Now is the time for a thorough risk assessment during the Q4. As far as I know, the final decision (incl. timeframe!) will be done in Q1 2019. I’m hoping - however not guaranteeing - that we could give you some information on this around January 2019.

OK. So thats’s still gonna take some time.

In the meanwhile, if I open a new style account to publish designs (and products) on the marketplace, am I gonna be able to use these designs in my shops under my old style account?

1 Like

Thats possible, yes :wink:

Greets David

4 Likes

That’s at least something positive …though a lot of extra work.

I understand by now API users, still have to be migrated to the new style accounts. Any insights on when that’s gonna take place. Will I have time to act before the holliday season starts?

This will happen end of September. And yes, you will have time to act before the holiday season starts :slight_smile:

OK, thanx :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Lena_Spreadshop,

We’ve past the end of september now. My account is still old style. Any idea when the migration to new style is gonna happen for me?

On Monday, the 7th of October. You’ll receive an e-mail about it tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like